Recent Awards that Our Senior Living Community Has AchievedJanuary 12, 2023
At Essex Meadows, our resident-first culture and high-quality senior care create a remarkable retirement lifestyle that’s truly making an incredible impact for each person who lives at our Life Plan Community — and we have the awards to show it!
The following five awards showcase how our community leads the way in senior living and how you can live on your terms at Essex Meadows.
1. J.D. Power Award for Highest in Customer Satisfaction
Essex Meadows is managed by Life Care Services®, An LCS® Company. We’re proud to announce that we’ve ranked highest in customer satisfaction with independent senior living providers for the fourth consecutive year in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Senior Living Satisfaction Study.
We’re also excited to announce that Life Care Services® also achieved the highest score in all six factors of independent living resident satisfaction:
- Resident activities
- Community staff
- Price paid for services received
- Resident apartment/living unit
- Community building and grounds
The J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Senior Living Study examines industry-level performance metrics of senior living providers and highlights best practices critical to resident satisfaction.
2. Best Senior Living Community for Independent Living by U.S. News & World Report
Our incredible residents and their families have rated Essex Meadows a 2022 Best Senior Living Community for independent living by U.S. News & World Report.
Not only is our community highly recommended by our residents, but we’re also recognized for these top-notch qualities:
- Excellent value of our community
- Clear and helpful billing department
- Abundant variety of life enrichment activities
- Safe and homelike feeling throughout community
- High-quality food and dining
- Friendly dining staff
- Responsive management and skilled maintenance teams
- Prompt and thorough housekeeping
Thousands of communities surveyed their residents and families on the most meaningful dimensions of independent living. They were asked to rate their experiences regarding kindness of the staff, variety of activities available, quality of food, and more. Communities that were rated highly earned Best Independent Living by U.S. News & World Report.
3. Best Short-Term Rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report
Short-term rehabilitation at Essex Meadows is known for:
- Residents receiving more than minimum care they need for their condition
- Staffing consistency
- Time our caregivers and medical team members spend with each resident
- Higher than the state average rate of residents able to return to their personal residence after discharge
- Lower than the state average rate of residents who required the emergency room during their stay
- Lower than the state average for rehospitalizations
- Low volume of complaints
- No residents suffering from a fall that resulted in a major injury, which is also lower than the state average
Data used to evaluate short-term rehabilitation provided by senior living communities is from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS). It includes metrics that measure nurse staffing, resident outcomes, complaints, resident safety and rehabilitation therapy.
4. CMS 5-Star-Rated Nursing Home
Our Essex Meadows Health Center has received the top rating by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, meaning we exceed standards in quality measures and staffing.
Our Life Plan Community in Essex, CT, earned its 5-Star rating from CMS in 2022 based on exceeding these standards:
- Rigorous health inspections
- Excellent flu and pneumonia prevention measures
- Higher than national average COVID-19 vaccination rate
- Plenty of nurses and other staff members available 24/7, even on the weekends
- Low nurse and administration team turnover rate
- Nurses and physical therapists who spend more than the national average amount of time with each resident daily
- No federal fines and no Medicare payment denials in the last three years
Only 10% of nursing homes in each state receive a 5-Star rating from CMS, so you can always expect high-quality, person-centered care at Essex Meadows.
5. Best on the Shoreline Award
Essex Meadows won Zip06’s 2022 Official Best on the Shoreline Community Choice Awards for independent living and health care center.
Shore Publishing is a news provider that delivers local news and informative stories about the wonderful people and places between the Quinnipiac and Connecticut rivers on the Connecticut Shoreline.
Their online news source, Zip06.com, provides the latest information about our surrounding area. It’s also a dynamic forum where people can add their voice by participating in polls, sharing photos and submitting calendar events.
Discover More About Our Award-Winning Senior Living Community
Did you know Essex Meadows is also going green? Our Life Plan Community is proud to have earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification. This means we’re committed to eco-smart policies that have tremendous advantages for our residents and the world in which we live. To discover more about our award-winning community, contact our Sales Counselors online or R.S.V.P. to one of our many events!